Another week closer to Spring, and the energy is all around us. While other people crack into their Spring cleaning, you might be feeling a little lethargic as you look around and see how Winter kind of got the best of you this year. All of that effort that goes into Spring cleaning is almost a turn off – that’s why we’ve compiled a list of the 12 best Spring cleaning hacks that will make your routine fun, easy and quick. It might even change the way you clean, forever!
Be Rid Of Stubborn Stains
- Do you have access to denture cleaning tablets? Drop two in the toilet and let them sit for 3-4 hours or even overnight. Even the most relentless stains will scrub off easily after these little babies work their magic!
- You know a little spritz of shaving cream on carpet followed by a quick wipe down is sure to remove any dark marks and liquid spills.
- Stubborn stains in fabric? Mix vinegar and baking soda and let soak – do a wash and voila, stains be gone!
Make The Whole House Shine
- Rubbing half a lemon on taps and faucets is a great way to get them shiny and clean again!
- Tracks on doors and windows sometimes slip under the radar – and let’s face it, they can look pretty gross sometimes! A spray with some vinegar and a quick wipe down will have your tracks looking newly installed.
- If you use cast iron cookware, it’s okay to admit that it gets a little rough around the edges and your standard detergent isn’t doing much to move it any more. A coarse salt such as rock salt or sea salt can be used as a scrub, just be careful not to scratch too much.
Nothing Is Too Hard to Reach
- A towel on the end of a broom can end your ‘can’t reach it’ woes when it comes to cleaning ceilings and door frames. Get rid of dirt by adding a suitable cleaning product to the towel or rag and scrub to your heart’s desire.
- Vacuum cleaner attachments not quite hitting the spot? Strangely enough, a standard squeeze sauce bottle should fit around the hose of most regular vacuums – a pointy suction for all of those difficult places.
- Coffee filters are the perfect addition to any home for obvious reasons. New ones are also the best candidate for wiping down microwaves doors, TV screens and computer monitors for that streak free finish.
- Newspaper lightly dipped in vinegar is the perfect way to clean your mirrors and windows. Simply scrunch the newspaper and wipe in circular motions. Don’t ask why it works – it just does.
- Stubborn food in your microwave? Microwave a bowl of vinegar for 30 seconds. The steam creates loosens stubborn stains like sauce and crusted cheese and makes the wipedown a whole lot easier.
- If you have glass panels or doors on your shower – or anywhere else in the house – dryer sheets are fantastic at removing build up without scratching the surface.
The best way to totally eliminate any Spring cleaning stress is to kick back and let a professional take care of it. Here at HomeTask, we have a qualified professional for any job –and they all have at least one year of experience, insurance and a full background check.
Get peace of mind as quickly as you get your cleaner, with a 60-second booking system, clear quote with no hidden fees and a secure online payment gateway. Having an effort-free, fresh home has never been easier. Book today!